David Blomstrom wrote:
Hopeffully this will be the last question in this series. :)

I want to copy a database from my PC to my Apple laptop. I installed MySQL's
GUI Tools on both computers, created a file named Backup.mpb on my PC, then put
a copy of it on my Mac. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get Backup.mbp into
my new MySQL program.

I thought perhaps I could import it with phpMyAdmin, just as I import SQL files, but that
didn't work. If the database is named "Sky," do I have to create that database
in my new MySQL program before I can import the Sky backup? What's the easiest way to
import it?

What format is the data in? I don't know what an 'mpb' file is. Did you mean 'mdb'? If so, the easiest way is to use one of the data transfer utilities listed on the MySQL website. There are some plugins for MS Access that will set up your tables and export the data for you. It's been a very long time since I looked at these - probably 5 years or so.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer