Assume database 'biggie' with 15 tables, 10 of which start with 'foo_'. I want the user 'foouser' to have access only to those tables that begin with 'foo_'.

I'm hoping that I am just being blind because I don't see anything in the manual or in the MySQL book on granting to multiple tables at once and the * wildcard appears to only work by itself, not when appended to a string (i.e. I can't do "grant select on biggie.foo_* to 'foouser'..."). I've tried multiple variations of wildcards, to no avail.

Please tell me I'm not going to have to explicitly grant privs to each table. There are actually several set of tables for a total of several hundred tables to which I will need to apply permissions.

Thanks.

David