Hello Ow Mun,

there are various ways to backup InnoDB tables

1. SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE statement for your tables and reimport them
2. ibbackup (a commercial tool to copy InnoDB Databases while the server is
running
3. Stop the server, copy the innodb tablespace files and logfiles to the new
location

Option 3 is probably what you want to do.

greets
Rocco

On 10/13/06, Ow Mun Heng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 23:43 -0500, Brian Ivins wrote:
> If the tables are myisam (not innodb), and you're moving them to a
system with the same or newer version of mysql,
> it should work.  You have the best chance of it working if the tables
aren't being accessed, and you do a "flush tables"
>  before you tar up the TEST_DB directory.

The tables are innodb.
I can stop the daemon before I do anything if it's needed.
I know that some other RDBMs has the feature whereby one can just copy
and attach the DB from A -> B system