74----- Original Message ----
From: Dan Buettner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Ted Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 9:22:04 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Readind a Dump W/o Expanding It

How were they stored in the database?

You got me on that. I just took over this box. Here's what my queries show:

server167# mysqlshow -uroot -p tirekingdom
Enter password:
Database: tirekingdom
+--------------------+
|       Tables       |
+--------------------+
| OrderItem          |
| Orders             |
| Photo              |
| PhotosForTire      |
| PhotosForWheel     |
| Shopper            |
| Tire               |
| Vehicle            |
| Wheel              |
| WheelMake          |
| WheelsForWheelMake |
+--------------------+
server167# mysqlshow tirekingdom Photo -uroot -p
Enter password:
Database: tirekingdom  Table: Photo  Rows: 2160
+-------+-------------+-------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+
| Field | Type        | Collation         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
Privileges                      | Comment |
+-------+-------------+-------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+
| oid   | int(11)     | NULL              |      | PRI | 0       |       |
select,insert,update,references |         |
| Data  | mediumtext  | latin1_swedish_ci | YES  |     |         |       |
select,insert,update,references |         |
| Type  | varchar(4)  | latin1_swedish_ci | YES  |     |         |       |
select,insert,update,references |         |
| Name  | varchar(32) | latin1_swedish_ci | YES  |     |         |       |
select,insert,update,references |         |
+-------+-------------+-------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+
server167# mysqlshow tirekingdom PhotoForTires -uroot -p
Enter password:
mysqlshow: Cannot list columns in db: tirekingdom, table: PhotoForTires: Table
'tirekingdom.PhotoForTires' doesn't exist
server167# mysqlshow -uroot -p tirekingdom PhotosForTire
Enter password:
Database: tirekingdom  Table: PhotosForTire  Rows: 1058
+---------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+
| Field   | Type    | Collation | Null | Key | Default | Extra | Privileges
                 | Comment |
+---------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+
| TireID  | int(11) | NULL      |      | PRI | 0       |       |
select,insert,update,references |         |
| PhotoID | int(11) | NULL      |      | PRI | 0       |       |
select,insert,update,references |         |
+---------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+
server167# mysqlshow -uroot -p tirekingdom PhotosForWheel
Enter password:
Database: tirekingdom  Table: PhotosForWheel  Rows: 1098
+---------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+
| Field   | Type    | Collation | Null | Key | Default | Extra | Privileges
                 | Comment |
+---------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+
| WheelID | int(11) | NULL      |      | PRI | 0       |       |
select,insert,update,references |         |
| PhotoID | int(11) | NULL      |      | PRI | 0       |       |
select,insert,update,references |         |
+---------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+---------------------------------+---------+

So, where's the blob? It isn't in some file in the site, I've checked.

Which way did you end up restoring the data?

The first way you recommended. Using vi, I opened the file, set "ma" at the
top, searched for the top of the database, entered "d`a" to delete everything
above, searched for the bottom of the database, set "ma", entered G to go to
the bottom, then "d`a" to delete everything else. It was a little more
complicated than that, but with those steps involved.

And the dumpfile you have - how has it been handled?  I ask because if it
contains binary data and was FTP'd from one machine to another the wrong way,
that could have done it.

No, it was there in the box all along.
TIA,
Ted