I thought those here might like to know my experience with Hosting at godaddy.com. It is cheap at $3.50 or so a month. However there are huge limitations on what you can do. My first annoyance was when I found out that they used MySQL version 4.0 instead of 4.1 or 5. To their credit though they did have the most recent patch of 4.0 installed. The only way to upgrade was to go to there "virtual hosting" for $40 a month, which would let you install any software you wanted. Then I decided to have it connect to another database on a different server. But as I found out they don't allow any external connections. (I wonder if it would have worked if set up my mysql server on the FTP port) anyway the final straw was when I found out I could not create temporary tables. They said it was a security issue. How that could possibly be true I have no idea. Also as for php they had version 4.3.11. If you are considering using godaddy.com for hosting, you can use this information to make the decision as to if their service offers what you need.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm";

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want & give the gifts they want One stop wish list for any gift, from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com