To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:59 PM
Subject: result set on prepared statements

Hello all,

using MySQL C API function "|mysql_query()" with a query producing a
result set, I have to fetch *all* records, if I use
"||mysql_use_result()" to avoid a client side cursor. So it's written in
the manual section |22.2.3.70.

But if I want to use prepared statements with MySQL C API functions "
|mysql_stmt_prepare()", ||"mysql_stmt_execute()" and
"||mysql_stmt_fetch()", I can't find anything in the manual, whether I
also have to fetch *all* records, when not using
"||mysql_stmt_store_result()" (I don't want to use client side cursor).
MySQL Version is 5.0.26 on Windows 32 Bit.

Any Information is welcome.

With best regards,

Roland.