To: "Renish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: Oracle query..

Renish wrote:
Hi All,

I have oracle 7.3 data available with me..I see many *.ora files and one Import _Rawdata.bat file. . I dont know which one to import. Now I have installed, Oracle 10 g version server and client. Could you pls tell me. how can I import those data into the Oracle 10g so that I could see all the tables.

For eample..when I have an SQl file(*.sdl) I used to import it in dos mode like

Mysql4.1> bin>mysql ......< .........sql -p -u root;

Thank  you very much.

Regards,

Renish

There are probably migration tools available to move your data. Check on the MySQL website. If there are tools, I would recommend using them.

If you want to do it yourself, you need to export your data from Oracle before importing it into MySQL. Dump each table to a comma-delimited file, and use 'load data infile' to import it into MySQL. Read up on 'load data infile' to find the exact format and commands to use.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer