Sid Lane wrote:
any update on the 5.1 general release date? is it still on target for Q4 -
Q1?  any narrower window?
Last I heard, Q2 next year.

Regards
--jm

On 8/30/06, Colin Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Logan, David (SST - Adelaide) wrote:

Hi!

> Does anybody have any idea when 5.1 may come to General Release? I am
> particularly interested in MySQL Cluster as I have several databases
> (around 50) totalling 26Gb and would like to consider moving to this
> version because of the Cluster Disk Data Storage and the fact the
> current hardware doesn't have the RAM requirements to hold these
> databases.

I expect late (Q4/2006) to early (Q1/2007) as a good time for release.

> I plan to store the data on a SAN and was wondering if anybody had any
> experience with this as yet?

This is why you're after 5.1, so you get disk as opposed to memory only
based storage then
--
Colin Charles, Community Engineer
MySQL AB, Melbourne, Australia, www.mysql.com