Hello all
Maybe it's been a long week, but I'm trying to do something that should be
simple and just not getting anywhere.

I have two tables:
accounts
  acctid: int unique
  acctowner: char

docs
  docid: int unique
  acctid: int
  doctitle: char

I want to list my accounts along with a count of the documents associated
with each account.  I tried a simple GROUP BY:
SELECT a.acctid, a.acctowner, COUNT(d.acctid)
FROM accounts AS a, documents AS d
WHERE a.acctid = d.acctid
GROUP BY a.acctid;

This almost works, but I don't get any of the accounts that don't have any
associated documents.  I want all accounts listed, even if
COUNT(documents) is 0.

Would this work better as a subquery?  I'll admit that I'm still stumbling
when it comes to subqueries.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    /dwight
--