I am using sql 4.1.21. useradd mysql itself is not working

Regards
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Visolve DB Team
  To: Renish ; mysql@lists.mysql.com
  Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 12:17 PM
  Subject: Re: administrtor-user

  Hi

  First,

     shell> useradd mysql
  Changing UserName and Group name for data directory
     shell> chown -R mysql:mysql data
   Create Initial database
      shell> scripts/mysql_install_db   --user=mysql
   Start the Server

  Then to User:

  First, use the mysql program to connect to the server as the MySQL root user:
      shell> mysql --user=root mysql

  1.  After connecting to the server as root, you can add new accounts. The
following statements use
      GRANT to set up four new accounts:
      mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'monty'@'localhost'  IDENTIFIED BY
'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;
      [OR]
      mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'monty'@'%'  IDENTIFIED BY
'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

  2. mysql> INSERT INTO user (Host,User,Password)
VALUES('localhost','UN','PWD');

  Then to Change Password:

  1. Passwords may be assigned from the command line by using the mysqladmin
command:
      shell> mysqladmin -u user_name -h host_name password "newpwd"

  2. Another way to assign a password to an account is to issue a SET PASSWORD
statement:
      mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'jeffrey'@'%' = PASSWORD('biscuit');

  3. mysql> SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('biscuit');

  To Drop user:

  1. mysql> DELETE FROM user WHERE User='' and HOST=''

  Thanks
  ViSolve DB Team.