MySQL 4.1.21-community-nt

I have a table in my database that has a Primary key on 2 fields (MyID and MyChange) and a field that indicates if there is a problem with the record (MyError)- I want to create a new table that only has unique MyIDs and where there is more than 1 I only want the record with the highest MyChange number. The table has about 50 fields so I have the following code:-

CREATE TABLE mystats SELECT *, DISTINCT MyID FROM oldstats WHERE MyError IS NULL ORDER BY MyChange DESC ;

but I am getting an MySQL error #1064.

Any ideas or suggestions as to where I am going wrong?

Alan