Rob, are you getting any error messages when trying to restore your MYSQL
backups (I assume that you have backed up your databases on the XP system by
using the MYSQL Administrator's backup function)? What are these messages?

I also suppose that creating blank databases on the Linux system and
directly copying the files of each database from the Windows system into
their directories on Linux would do the trick (however, I have never tried
it between heteregoneous systems - Windows versus Linux).

HTH,

Panos.