Good day everyone.

I am using mysql 4.1.21 under FreeBSD rel 6.1-p10
        Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.21, for portbld-freebsd6.1 (i386) using  5.0

I noticed Mysql sometimes shows data from columns with DOUBLE type incorrectly,
cutting away the last (right) symbol.
For example, I am creating a table:

================
create database a;
use a;
create table b (d double);
insert into b values (1);
insert into b values (0.1);
insert into b values (0.01);
insert into b values (0.001);
insert into b values (0.0001);
select * from b;
=================

The output is:

=================
mysql> select * from b;

+--------+
| d      |
+--------+
|      1 |
|    0.0 |
|   0.00 |
|  0.000 |
| 0.0001 |
+--------+

5 rows in set (0.00 sec)
==================

The last '1' symbol disappeared.
But the data stored int he database is correct itself:

===================
mysql> select d*1000 from b;
+--------+
| d*1000 |
+--------+
|   1000 |
|    100 |
|     10 |
|      1 |
|    0.1 |
+--------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)
====================

When I restart mysql-server everything goes okay for some time (12h - 2 days),
but later the issue appears again,
so I have to restart my server from time to time to avoid this. I have 5
similar servers (same mysql, same freebsd),
all of them show this issue.

I do not have just any idea about even understanding why does this happen and
how to find out the source of the
problem. Did anyone have ever met this behavior? Please let me know how can I
do any further diagnostics.

Thanks.

--
Cronfy