I have a client that is looking for a setup and was hoping that somebody here could give me a quote for the job. I can't give ALL of the details, but I am hoping that this will be enough to get a quote. I am not looking for a hardware quote. Just one for setting this up software wise.

20 MySQL database servers. 10 at primary site and 10 at secondary site. Sites have not been choosen yet and can change in the future and might have more sites used for secondary etc. sites.

The 10 at the other site need to mirror the 10 from the primary site. They are on a 1 to 1 ratio for the mirroring. So if one of the servers goes down, the one at the secondary site will take over. If that happens, then the one at the secondary site will be written to by the frontend program and when the primary sites server comes back up, it will need to take back over with any changes that where made to the secondary server.

I understand that Microsoft has a setup where the frontend servers talk to a "middleman" server and the middleman server than directs the frontend server to the backend database server. Something like that anyway.

There will be a LOT of frontend servers, but that is probably not going to be an issue at this point. We are mainly concerned with the backend database servers and connectivity to them. IF things work out, there could be as many as 100+ database servers and 100+ frontend servers within a couple of years. The kind of quotes that I need would be:

1. quote to set it all up when we buy the hardware and choose the data centers.
2.  quote to have you and/or your company on call to maintain the servers.

If you have any specific questions, you can either email me the questions or if you wish, you can email me your phone numbers and I will call you. If it goes the way they want, we will have to have all servers, frontend, middleman and backend setup within about 6 weeks if possible.

Thanks
Steve