On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Clyde Lewis wrote:

Will the output from the show command also provide a list of other dependent tables? From what I've seen with the "show create table <tablename>" command, it only provide keys associated with that table <tablename>, but other dependent tables.

Thanks so much.

At 01:18 PM 11/14/2006, Howard Hart wrote:

show create table <tablename>?

-----Original Message-----
From: Clyde Lewis [<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 11/14/2006 10:16 AM
To: MySQL List
Subject: Find foreign key for a table

Hello,

How can I find the foreign keys for a table? I would like to be able
to find, for any table, the columns that are foreign keys and what
tables/columns the foreign keys are related to. Basically what I am
trying to do is this. My developers want to allow logical deletes of
data. I don't want them to be able to logically delete a record that
has related records.

Thanks in advance