For a long time, we've been recording changes to MySQL software in the
Change History section of the MySQL Reference Manual. People familiar
with the MySQL server will probably enjoy looking at the first change
history section from July 1999,
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/news-3-23-0.html.

The current production (GA) version of MySQL is 5.0. Until recently,
changes to MySQL 5.0 were recorded here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/news.html. This has changed.

For MySQL 5.0 (and currently only for that version), we have two
separate offerings now:

- MySQL Enterprise is MySQL AB's commercial offering for modern
  enterprise businesses. It includes MySQL Enterprise Server and the
  services provided by MySQL Network.

- MySQL Community Server is for users who are comfortable configuring
  and administering MySQL by themselves.

To make it easier for users of MySQL Enterprise and for users of MySQL
Community Server to track changes in the software, we've split up the
change history into two separate appendices now:

Appendix E, MySQL Enterprise Release Notes, lists the changes from
version to version in MySQL Enterprise Server, divided into sections for
the following release packs; see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/releasenotes-es.html:

- Rapid Update Service Packs are issued once a month and incorporate all
  the bug fixes and security updates introduced since the previous MySQL
  Enterprise Server release.

- Quarterly Service Packs are issued each quarter and incorporate all
  the bug fixes and security updates introduced since the previous MySQL
  Enterprise Server release.

- Hot-fix releases incorporate fixes for bugs that caused significant
  issues that are not released as part of a Service Pack.

Appendix F, MySQL Community Server Release Notes, lists the changes from
version to version in MySQL Community Server; see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/releasenotes-cs.html.

The Release Notes are updated as bugs are fixed and features are
incorporated, so that everybody can follow the development process.

Regards,

Stefan
--
Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
MySQL AB Documentation Team Lead. Berlin, Germany (UTC +2:00)