[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Your message cannot be posted because it appears to be either spam or
> simply off topic to our filter. To bypass the filter you must include
> one of the following words in your message:
>
> database,sql,query

This is _very_ annoying.

Paul DuBois writes:
> At 6:03 PM -0300 5/24/01, Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues wrote:
> >
> >level  ENUM('bad', 'good', 'great') NOT NULL

[snip]

> >SELECT * FROM foo WHERE level >= 'good'

[snip]

> >Shouldn't a numeric context be applied by the server in this case? eg,
>
> Why?  'good' isn't a number, and it's perfectly legal to compare strings
> with the >= operator.

Because you can (actually, you do) define whatever order you want in
the ENUM declaration (even alphanum order).

The way it works now, I have to know in which position the label
'good' is to construct the select. I think this leads to unnecessary
duplication (is there a function that returns the position of a label?
I couldn't find it in the manual).

IMHO, if it were abstracted away by the server we would have better
functionality.

Regards,

--
Adriano