Bit of a problem with MySQL and bug reports.  The README in the source
distribution says to use http://bugs.mysql.com, with no alternatives
given.  On http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/bug-reports.html
(which I had to find with google), I see

   If you have no Web access and cannot report a bug by visiting
   http://bugs.mysql.com/, you can use the mysqlbug script to generate a
   bug report (or a report about any problem).

which is, of course, pretty useless if you have no Web access.  Worse,
I had to find it by googling with site:mysql.com.

I had a look at the mysqlbug script in the scripts/ directory in the
source, but it won't run without at least a little of mysql set up; one
of the first things it does is to run something called ccache, which
does not exist anywhere in the source tree, making it of little use if
you haven't succeeded in getting far enough to create it.  But I did
find this address, mysql@lists.mysql.com, embedded in it (by searching
for @).

Might I recommend that the README mention mysql@lists.mysql.com for
those for who don't have Web access, and that it be mentioned
somewhere on or near http://bugs.mysql.com/ for those who (like me)
have Web access if necessary but for whom it is significantly more
difficult and/or unpleasant than sending mail?

The source distribution I looked at is mysql-5.0.27.tar.gz (MD5
584d423440a9d9c859678e3d4f2690b3); the Web pages I looked at over the
hour or two preceding this email (2006-11-19 between roughly 04:00 and
06:00 UTC).

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               [EMAIL PROTECTED]