On 11/24/06, Algomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I have an application that stores the information in several MySql databases
and I am starting to look at the information and I found a problem.
Information is stored everyday in threed different sessions. Each session
creates a new database with several tables in it.

The problem is that i don't care about sessions and I would like to view all
the information that is soted as it would be a unique database. Somebody
told me that this could be done with MySQL but as he was no an expert he was
not able to give more details.

Does anyone now if there is any feature that allows to do so?

I don't know of any feature like that, in fact, from what you said I
can say there's something VERY wrong about your DB model, separate
databases are (AFAIK) suppose to separate data that's not
interconnected. You can always use more than one connection at your
application and treat the results in order to "join" them, but that's
not really a fix and can greatly impact the speed of the process.
Other than that, I don't think there's a way to do this... Maybe
someone with more knowledge can contribute.

Anyway, I'm not an expert, but a great friend is a DBA and he once
told me that if you have to CODE the creation of a database for any
purpose besides restoring a backup, something is wrong.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil