Great Thanks,,
----- Original Message ----- From: "ViSolve DB Team" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Renish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: MySql doubt.

Hi Renish,

In case if you dont have the Item field in the Table B.

Try the following query

select item from a where item not in (  select
substring(price,1,instr(price,'-')-1) from b );

This will list out the the items which doesnt have price.
mysql> select * from a;
 +--------+
 | item   |
 +--------+
 | book   |
 | pencil |
 | table  |
 | chair  |
 +--------+
mysql> select * from b;
+-------------------+
| price             |
+-------------------+
| pencil-11 dollars |
| book-12 dollars   |
+-------------------+
mysql> select item from a where item not in ( select substring(price,1,instr(price,'-')-1) from b );
+-------+
| item  |
+-------+
| table |