Smart. and simple .I should have thought for a while:-(
----- Original Message ----- From: "ViSolve DB Team" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Renish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Hal Wigoda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: Simple doubt

Hi Renish,

If you want to capture the entries which are entered more than once. Here's the answer for it.

mysql> select * from a;
+--------+
| b      |
+--------+
| pen    |
| pencil |
| rubber |
| pen    |
| paper  |
| paper  |
+--------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select b from a group by b having count(b)>1;
+-------+
| b     |
+-------+
| paper |