Hello,

We recently moved to a new "cluster" plattform, setup by one external IT
company

at present (early stage):
2 XEON computers with a fibre channel link to a Network Storage. The mysql
directories are located on the Network storage and mounted into
/var/lib/mysql on each machine. So, every machine running an own mysql
server, but sharing the directory. The used file system is OCFS (Oracle
Cluster File System)

When I "played" with the two servers yesterday (we are not really happy
with the performance) I noticed, that the stats of each mysql server are
the same. Even if I restart one server, the stats are not amended in any
way - if I restart both servers the stats were reset.

Now my questions:
1) is this installtion a "common practise" to share a mysql db with
several servers (we might increase the number of servers)

2) is there a better, more performant way, to install mysql in a cluster ?

3) Just your general idea about this setup.

Thanks
Stefan "Stonki" Onken