I have a problem/question I'd like to find someone else to verify/answer
for me.

I'm using MySQL 5.1.09 running on Netware. I've created a stored
procedure that has one parameter,

Create Procedure MyTest(strVal VarChar)
Begin
 Select Field1, Field2, Field3 From MyTable
 Where Field3=strVal;
End

When I call the procedure like this,

Call MyTest('test');

Its suppose to return a result set but it fails with an error that the
"proc table is missing, corrupt, or contains bad data." But if I create
the procedure like this,

Create Procedure MyTest(strVal VarChar(25))
Begin
 Select Field1, Field2, Field3 From MyTable
 Where Field3=strVal;
End

and call it the same as before I get the expected result set.

So now the question, should the fact that I specified a VarChar as the
data type indicate that this is supposed to be a variable-length-string
variable with no size limit other than the max size of the data type?

Thanks in advance.