In the last episode (Dec 05), Nstor said:
> I am not very savy with SQL and I need help.  I have a char field
> that contains a date and the date is in DD-MM-YYYY and I want to sort
> it but the sort is wrong because 01-04-2007 comes out before
> 10-22-2006.
>
> Is there an easy way to provide a correct sorted output list or do I
> need to edit my table and convert all my fields to YYYY-MM-DD before
> I can sort it.

Take a look at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/date-and-time-functions.html and
the STR_TO_DATE() function.  You can use it directly in an ORDER BY
clause, or better yet, create a real DATETIME column, copy your date
into that, and use the new field from here on.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]