Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:

Dear MySQL users,

We are proud to present to you the MySQL Server 5.1.14 Beta
release, a new Beta version of the popular open source database.

Bear in mind that this is a beta release, and as any other pre-production
release, caution should be taken when installing on production level
systems or systems with critical data. For production level systems
using 5.0, pay attention to the product description of MySQL Enterprise
at:

  http://mysql.com/products/enterprise/

The MySQL 5.1.14 Beta release is now available in source and binary form
for a number of platforms from our download pages at

  http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/

Hi,
in any release that I tried up to 5.1.12 inclusive, almost any access to the information_schema
paralyzed the server (bringing it to its knees).
This bug was reported long ago and confirmed by many users in bugzilla,
but in no changelog that I've read so far it seems to have been fixed.
Is there any update on this issue? Any plan to fix it if it's not already resolved?
Thanks,
   Nico