Dwight Tovey wrote:
Brent Anderson wrote:
Hello.

I'm developing a client application for several platforms that will
need to connect to a remote MySQL database. Unfortunately, MySQL
refuses connections from external IP's that aren't allowed and since
the clients using this will be on unknown IP addresses (their home
computers), I'm in a bit of a situation. How does one setup a MySQL
account with no IP restrictions?

You probably have a line in your my.cnf that restricts the server to only
listen on the localhost address.  Look for

bind-address           = 127.0.0.1

Comment that line out, restart the server, and it should accept
connections from all client machines (assuming that you don't have other
firewall restrictions as well).  Note however that this can be a big
security hole.

    /dwight
also check for:
 skip-networking