From: Chris Comparini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 2:12 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: insert into some table show status like 'foo'

Hello,

Say I wanted to log some various server status variables to a table.
What I'd like to do, ideally, is something like
this:

insert into SomeLogTable (Threads) show status like 'Threads_running';

MySQL does not allow this, of course.  But, is there some other way to
see the "Threads_running" (or other status variables) such that this
would be possible?

Incidentally, one of the things I'd like to log thus is the slave status
"Seconds_Behind_Master".  It's a little disappointing that you cannot do
this:

show slave status like 'Seconds_Behind_Master';

.. but rather have to get the entire slave status back in order to see
this one thing.  Anyway...

If anyone has any ideas on this, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
  - Chris