Optimize table does not reclaim space for InnoDB tables in the shared
tablespace, FYI - only for those that live independently when using
the 'innodb_file_per_table' option.

On 12/20/06, Raj Shekhar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In my configuration file there was a line that said:
> innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend:max:1900M
>
> This refers to the data file that contains all of my databases.  The
> number
> 1900M is close to the 2G filesize limit on my linux server.  With all of
> the chatter about other causes of Error 1114, I'd missed that this file
> had grown to it's limit.

A small suggestion that you may find useful.  You could have used 'optimize
table' to free up some space.  To make it easier to run optimize table, you
can put in the 'innodb_file_per_table' into your my.cnf. This will create
each table in its own file/tablespace, thus making it easier for optimize
to run faster.  However, this option only affects new tables.  Old tables
would still live in the shared ibdata file.

--
raj shekhar
facts: http://rajshekhar.net | opinions: http://rajshekhar.net/blog