----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Yamahata" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 1:29 AM
Subject: SQL syntax

Hi, I'm getting the following error message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' enabled = '1'' at line 3INSERT INTO clf_cities SET cityname = 'Santa Barbara', countryid = , enabled = '1'

and can't quite figure out what it means. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Someone may have replied to you by now so I apologize if this is old news but I think the problem _precedes_

    enabled = '1'

Take a look at the SQL just BEFORE that where you wrote:

   countryid = ,

That is surely not valid SQL in any dialect of SQL I have ever seen. You need an appropriate value before the comma, such as:

   countryid = 7,

or

   countryid = '7',

If you don't want to assign a value to countryid, just omit the entire 'countryid =,' altogether.

--
Rhino