I have a large database, about a million records in some tables, and I am trying to troubleshoot some stalls in our application. We have assumed that slow query speed causes the stalls, however, when my web app stalls I do not see the query in process list. What we see is the web page stall with a wait indicator and all other queries to the same tables are in a locked state (using MyISAM) in process list, but our query is not present in the list. After 30sec to 1 minute the web page will render and the locked queries will quickly complete. My questions are as follows:

Should a query that takes a long time show up in show full processlist while it is executing?

If the query is not causing the stalls any clues where to look in the connection code that could be causing table locks?

Thank You
Mike