I think you want

SELECT * FROM a LEFT JOIN b on a.c = b.d WHERE b.d IS NULL;

The LEFT JOIN means to create a composite record from both tables even if
there is no match on the right-hand table. Checking to see if b.d is null
selects out those composite records that came up empty on the right-hand
side.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated