Hi all.

I have some code which was working brilliantly, but just stopped :(

I'm importing stuff in to a temporary table, mangling it considerably, then importing it into the final destination table.

The tmp table is created:

create temporary table tmp_AAPT_OnlineAnalyser_ChargeTypeSummary (
Statement_Date        varchar(100),
Account_Number        varchar(100),
Invoice_Number        varchar(100),
Service_Number        varchar(100),
Service_Type          varchar(100),
Description_of_Charge varchar(100),
Type_of_Charge        varchar(100),
Charge                varchar(100),
Supplier              varchar(100),
Type_of_Product       varchar(100)
)

The ( 1st ... there are many )statement that raises the error is:

update tmp_AAPT_OnlineAnalyser_ChargeTypeSummary set Account_Number=replace(Account_Number, ' ', '')

HOWEVER, the space inside the quotes is created in Perl with:

my $space_thing = chr(160);

We have to do this because the data is copied and pasted from a web page ( AAPT won't provide the data in any other format ). chr(160) is some 'alternative' space character or something.

Anyway, this used to work fine, but now it gives:

Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT), (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE), (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'replace'

I have no idea what it's talking about. How do I fix it?

Dan

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer