devy wrote:
---cut---
-----------------
insert into ft_test (field1,field2,field3)
VALUES('mysql full text', 'this is a test', 'mysql fulltext');
-----------------

the problem is that when I execute this query I always get 0 as relevance:
---cut---

A FULLTEXT search will not match return values that are within > 50% of the rows (or, index them) - this would just lead to returning too many hits and make relevance not-so-relevant ;)

As you are only inserting one row, the this is certainly > 50% of the rows ;)

Add more rows, then re-run your test, keeping in mind the above.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Leith, Support Engineer