Duncan Hutty wrote:
I attempted to build 5.1.14-beta with ssl support and it failed (output below). It builds quite happily on this system without the ssl support parameter to configure. Since it appears to fail in an area (timezone system) that to me seems rather unrelated, I wondered if something odd was afoot.
x86-suse9.3, openssl-0.9.8d, gcc-3.4.6 (or gcc-4.1.1) using:
CFLAGS="-O3" CXX=gcc \
CXXFLAGS="-O3 -felide-constructors \
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti"  \

Kill all this and try changing -O3 to -O2 as -O3 optimizations can get dicey sometimes, especially when it comes into C++ oddities.

./configure --with-ndbcluster \
--with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl \
--enable-assembler && make

Also, it seems to be failing during the linking stage, so take a look at throwing out --enable-assembler and see what happens.