At 08:38 AM 1/4/2007, you wrote:
Hi,

I have seen that by default some tables are created as InnoDB and some as MyISAM.

I guess the table type is not chosen randomly. How is it chosen the table engine used?

And is InnoDB recommended now?

If you need transactions or RI.

Does it support full text indexes? Or if not, is there a way of using full text indexes and foreign keys in MySQL?

Innodb does not support full text indexes and MyISAM does not support foreign keys. InnoDb has been working on full text search for over a year (or two?) and it should be completed about a week before the sun turns into a red giant (some 3 billion years from now). If you can't wait that long you can use Sphinx and recompile MySQL to use that. It is faster and more efficient than MySQL's full text search and will work with InnoDb. Get it from http://www.sphinxsearch.com/. It is open source.

Mike