altendew wrote:

Im trying to create one query here. I know why its failing because CASE can
not be used like this, but how could I ever do a query like this.

[CODE]
SELECT b.*
FROM bonus b
JOIN
        CASE b.type
                WHEN 'custom' THEN 'bonusCustom g'
                WHEN 'pts' THEN 'bonusPts g'
                WHEN 'ptc' THEN 'bonusPtc g'
        END
        ON g.bid=b.id
WHERE (b.hits IS NULL || b.hits>0)
ORDER BY RAND()
[/CODE]

Anyway this is possible!

Why not assemble the SQL in code and *then* send it to MySQL?
Otherwise, a very dodgy 'solution' would be to left-join all the tables, and then put the case statement in the select statement.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer