Jerry Schwartz wrote:
Now that I re-read your question, I think your answer is that the LIMIT
clause applies to the set of records retrieved after all of the conditions
are applied. In your example,

SELECT * FROM clients WHERE name LIKE "Mark%" ORDER BY name LIMIT 1, 7;

Then

SELECT * FROM clients WHERE name LIKE "Mark%" ORDER BY name LIMIT 8, 7;

Is that what you were asking?

Have you looked at using the HANDLER statement? [...]

Well... Yes and No!

Yes, The examples that you provided with the LIMIT would work but...
Yes, that could be be what I was asking but it doesn't fit on my needs. You guys don't have access to my code because if you have you would know that I'm just a beginner and my code wouldn't be "compatible" with your suggestions.

But not everything is bad news... Now I know that the values that I set with LIMIT are not related with the position of my data in the table but to the position of the data after I apply a filter (WHERE)...

I will reprogram the Show Client page to use WHERE RelationID=#NUM# instead of LIMIT #NUM#,1

So... Thank you guys and I will probably come back :)

(Off-Topic: I'm using Thunderbird/1.5 & Gmail and I do a Reply All which sends the messages to the person I'm replying and CC's to the list but I
never receive my own messages. Is this the normal behavior? Thanks)