On 15/01/07, Gabriel PREDA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why is MyISAM problematic...
MyISAM is a storage engine with some features... InnoDB is another
storage engine with other features... and so on...

As far as I know MyISAM is default storage engine... unless you
specify by hand another storage engine:
CREATE TABLE xyz (colX INT NULL) ENGINE=_STORAGE_ENGINE_

I used UTF8 with MyISAM... and with InnoDB for Romanian characters and
Chinese characters... and any combination worked well...

And as far as I know... instead of all those commands you can issue:

SET NAMES utf8;

and it will suffice... I know it does for me !

Thanks, Gabriel. What exactly is the "NAMES" in "SET NAMES utf8;"? Why
can't I find any reference to it?

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/bios.html