Hi Cor and everybody,

well this is my first collaboration, as I have the time today...

Well, if you want to generate statistical charts so the user can have an overview of the data, you could use simple HTML and GIFs, but this would make your code impossible to maintain in a sort time. Course you have specialized classes to do this, but or they are complicated to use and customize or they can´t be customized at all... two years ago I had the same problem for a HUGE ERP and CRM system, and the cost of generating the charts on the server side would have make the system unusable (We´ve tried, and it was impossible to have 25 persons accessing the statistical module at the same time).

Well, what a hell do I suggest? Client side! Let the user render de chart, as we do with CSS and HTML, let the browser render it... How? Well, After researching a lot, I found that FusionCharts (http:// www.infosoftglobal.com/FusionCharts/) is the most customizable and flexible that exists. It uses XML as input that can be generated easily within any scripting language as PHP, ASP, Perl, etc, and the look-and-feel is also configured using XML, again easily generated.

And before anyone start pointing the fingers, I don´t have any affiliation with InfoSoft Global in any shape or form, besides been a happy client. :o)

Best Regards,
Bruno B B Magalhães