Are you working on a Mac? If so, logging in as root is not good enough. You must have set up and log into the root user account of your Mac computer or server. This, if anything is a Apple problem and advantage. The Administrator is opening to the account you are in, the login in window will accept any correct password combination under ShadowHash or other authorising protocol, but you will still be working in the account you are in with those privileges. HTH
Daniel Culver
[EMAIL PROTECTED]