On Sunday 21 January 2007 16:41, Nuno Vaz Oliveira wrote:
> > Just FYI: you can get the "Express" version of the VB.Net portion of
> > Visual Studio for free:
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/default.aspx  That way,
> > you're much more likely to have a fully supported app.  I've not tried
> > running VB6 apps on Vista. :)
>
> I wasn't able to find the EULA for the express products... And I didn't
> even know about free stuff from Microsoft.
>
> Anyway, can you tell me if the express editions are free for comertial
> use? I mean, this is not for a student work. It's for a company's use...

While it is officially for "hobbyists, students, and novice developers" due to
some missing features versus the entire Visual Studio Suite, according to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/ :

4.  Can I use Express Editions for commercial use?
 Yes, there are no licensing restrictions for applications built using the
Express Editions.

So, you're free and clear.  Hope that answers your questions.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111