On 1/23/07, Kelly Solakofski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've been trying to put the data onto our data drive, and the mysql
application on the main server.  I've edited the my.ini file correctly.
I can get it to work on different drives where the data is on the same
computer as mysql.  I can't get it to work where the data is on a
different computer.

AFAIK, Mysql refuses a remote datadir by design. You CAN use tricks to
bypass this at Windows, and you surely won't have this problems with
Linux if you configure something like NFS. You may Google for win
solutions, but its just not advisable on a real system with some
valuable data.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil