Hi lets say I want to record transactions on my site. This transaction table
becomes over 1GB in six months. Which makes it very hard to read. The
reading and deleting process becomes very slow.

Would it be wise to make a new transaction table every month?
Then recreate the merge table?

How long would a process like that take because my members are creating
transactions every second, so wouldnt all their queries be locked up while
it was creating it?

Or would using myisampack be better to just compress all the data. I display
about 50 rows of their transaction history based on the User ID index. So
decompressing 30 rows is that a big deal?