Another way to do it would be to select the data you want to keep into a
table on another file system, truncate the existing table, optimize it, then
reload it with the data you saved.

I can't say that I've tried this, and have no idea how long it would take or
even if it would work.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated