Hi,
I recently had some questions about converting files and
haven't had the chance to work further with it or thank
everyone for the help. So thanks a lot.    I found that my
application
needed to have a dedicated MySQL installation.  There is
another version of MySQL running on this machine (RedHat 6.2
MySQL-3.23.6 and 3.23.8).  I got it compiled correctly and
configured it for a different port and owner.  The daemon
started.  In the configuration options I set a new name for
the socket mysql-lpmo.sock .  I was thinking that the socket
would be automatically created, but that doesn't appear to
be the case,  Does anyone have any information on the
correct procedure for doing this?
Thanks Very Much,
-Eric