On 2007-02-06 Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Feb 06), Tim Johnson said:
> > I'm currently using OS linux slackware 10.0 with MySQL version 4.0.20
> > I currently use python and rebol APIs to MySQL, not PHP.
> >
> > I've downloaded mysql-standard-5.0.27-linux-i686.tar.gz
> > Questions:
> >   Should I first upgrade to to an intermediate version?
> >     IF so, which?
> >   URLs to relevant documentation?
> > thanks
> > tim
>
> You can upgrade straight to 5.0.

I've never experienced problems with that neither but if you want to
follow the recommendation, first upgrade to 4.1:

"2.4.16. Upgrading MySQL

As a general rule, we recommend that when upgrading from one release series
to another, you should go to the next series rather than skipping a series.
For example, if you currently are running MySQL 3.23 and wish to upgrade to
a newer series, upgrade to MySQL 4.0 rather than to 4.1 or 5.0."

bye,

-christian-