>select column1, column2, max(column3) as maximum
>from table_name group by column 1;

>Please tell me if the values from "column2" will contain the values from
>those records where the column3 has the maximum value.

They will not.

>please tell me how to do this as fast as possible.

What's fastest depends on your table, indexes &c. Here is one way...

select
 t1.column1,
(select column2 from table_name t2 where t2.column1=t1.column1) as column2,
 max(t1.column3) as maximum
from table_name t1
group by column1;

and here is another, usually faster.

select t1.column1, t1.column2, t1.column3
from table_name t1
left join table_name t2 on t1.column1=t2.column1 and t1.column3<t2.column3
where t2.column1 is null;

PB

Octavian Rasnita wrote:
Hi,

I want to use:

select column1, column2, max(column3) as maximum from table_name group by column 1;

Please tell me if the values from "column2" will contain the values from those records where the column3 has the maximum value. If it doesn't, please tell me how to do this as fast as possible. I know that I could get the maximum values, than make another query and get the values from the lines that have that max value, but I think this will take too much time.

Thank you.

Octavian