Hi,

on server B you need to set log-slave-updates to pass statements from A over B to D.

BTW: I can recommend you to use replicate-wild-do-table=db_name.* instead of replicate-do-db, otherwise statements with db prefix before tables won't replicate over B to D. RTM please

Filip

I'm working with two distinct databases on four different boxes.
Databases A on Server A needs to be present everywhere (Server B, C and
D).  Database B needs to be present on Server C.

So I setup replication from Server A to Server B and Server D and then I
setup replication from Server B to Server C (to include the tables that
were replicated from Server A).
So when a change is made in Database A I see it roll over to B and C.
But nothing replicated to B ever gets re-replicated to D.  It would be
optimal if I could slave from two distinct masters but from reading this
doesn't seem possible.
Server A:

log-bin=/datastore/mysql-log/repl
binlog-do-db=clients
server-id=1

Server B:

log-bin=/datastore/mysql-log/repl
binlog-do-db=clients
binlog-do-db=datastore

server-id=21
master-host=testdba.local
master-user=testdbareader
master-password=passworda
master-connect-retry=60
replicate-do-db=clients

Server C:

server-id=22
master-host=testdba.local
master-user=testdbareader
master-password=passworda
master-connect-retry=60
replicate-do-db=clients

Server D:

server-id=24
master-host=testdbb.local
master-user=testdbbreader
master-password=passwordb
master-connect-retry=60
replicate-do-db=clients
replicate-do-db=data

what can I do to fix this?

Gary

--
Filip Krejci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Q: How many Linux users does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Two. One to write the HOWTO-LIGHTBULB-CRONJOB, and another to read it.