MySQL Users,

I know from the manual that I can change the collation set of a table with the following command:

ALTER TABLE `mytable` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci

And that I can do this to alter a column of a table to change its collation:

ALTER TABLE `mytable` CHANGE `column` `column` CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci

But what I can't seem to find is the ability to change more than one at a time.

Neither of these work:

ALTER TABLE * DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci
ALTER TABLE * CHANGE * CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci WHERE COLLATE=latin_swedish_ci

Is there no way to make every instance of "latin_swedish_ci" in a database, both on the table and the column level, turn to "utf8_unicode_ci"?

I have a huge database to work with, and the prospect of doing this by hand is rather unappealing.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft