On 14.02.2007 08:00 CE(S)T, Colin Charles wrote:
> The MySQL 5.0 release is available as a binary and is currently at
> 5.0.27. Grab it at: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#downloads

I read in the news some time ago that MySQL 5.0 is only going to be
available as source version in the future, which it currently looks
like. (Can't currently find that news.) But a more important fact is
that the MySQL pre-built binary doesn't work correctly on my machine,
anything that links to the mysqlclient crashes when using SSL. Since I
build MySQL from source, that's gone.

>> MySQL server is version 5.0.33, OS is Debian Linux 3.1, previous MySQL
>> version was 5.0.17, installed from the binary release.
>
> Whats wrong with using the version via apt-get? Debian has very sensible
> packaging, and its currently at version 5.0.32 afaik

Not quite... I can choose from 4.0.24 and 4.1.11a. While 4.0 seems to be
unsupported by MySQL AB for a while.

>> What do the above error messages mean?
>
> The upgrade script picked up on the fact that you had duplicate column names

I cannot already have duplicate column names, relational tables don't
allow that. But as you see, I already found out that the "error
messages" are normal and don't mean a thing.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>